Cool Cocooning: How To Bring Earthy Colours Into Your Home
From turning your bedroom into a soothing sanctuary, to creating a living room with soft and earthy colours that’s perfect for escaping to and relaxing, the design concept - cocooning - is all about turning your home into a serene space.
What is cocooning?
This design concept combines elements such as sustainable furniture, organic shapes, and those soft and earthy palettes. It’s all about materials that feel more natural or nod to nature like wood, textured finishes and plush, soft fabrics.
Why is cocooning on-trend?
The impact of Covid has seen this growing trend become a key focus in interior design as homeowners look to create their own world of comfort. For example, it’s all about curling up on the sofa, getting cosy under a blanket, stretching out and finding ultimate serenity.
Danetti Designer, Damien adds: “The pandemic has forced people to use their sofas a bit differently. This trend looks at how we sit on them. It’s less about the ergonomics of a design and more about getting on it and cuddling up. People are using their sofas even more so as a place to nest and unwind.”
Our top 5 tips for bringing cocooning style into your home:
Keep those colours soothing and neutral
Using neutral colours such as grey, brown or beige can visually declutter a space, reflecting a clean and calm environment. This is why a soft and subtle palette is perfect for creating a soothing bedroom retreat.
If you’re looking for a king size bed with storage that will form the focal point in your sleep sanctuary, you’ll love our Lenora Cream Fabric King Size Bed With Storage. It comes in a cool and calming grey or warm and cosy cream fabric finish, as well as a warming sage green and navy velvet bed.
Play with soft and simple textures
In a bedroom space, fabric headboards add a comfortable and sophisticated spin to your room’s style without the fuss. Our Amalfi Light Grey Fabric King Size Bed With Storage has simple panel detailing with slightly curved edges that add interest and detail in a soft and subtle way. Choosing a neutral finish for your headboard also makes for easy styling with the rest of your accessories.
Curate that feeling with curves
Bring an inviting feeling to your living room by investing in a velvet sofa with smooth curved edges. No detail has been forgotten with our Lucinda Mid Grey Velvet 3 Seater Sofa and its inviting curved shape. Its grey velvet finish is classic and neutral and could co-ordinate with a range of different living room styles.
You can also create a cosy corner for curling up with your favourite book with a love seat, 2 seater sofa or an accent chair like our Ottilie Mid Grey Boucle Accent Chair. Add an instant style update to your living room with its luxuriously soft texture, perfect for adding warmth and depth to your space. Curl up and get comfortable with its foam seating and supportive high back.
Embrace curves with your co-ordinate furniture
Think round coffee tables and side tables. If you want to create a cosy aesthetic, marble and oak are a match made in heaven - a perfect pairing when it comes to furniture. The cool tones and natural veinings of marble co-ordinate beautifully with the rich textured finish of oak. Like the sound of this style? You’ll love our Aurora Marble and Oak Round Coffee Table with its heat-proof, scratch-proof and stain-free surface and generous storage.
Use can also use the soft curves and silhouettes of accent pouffes and footstools to add to that intimate feeling and relaxed interior style.
Finish off your look with complimenting accessories
To create a more homely look, add additional textures to your surfaces through accessories such as foliage, candles, and curved vases. Picking muted colours for your accessories will help to still add personality to the space, but in a calming way. You can also add throw blankets to your bedding or sofas for a decorative element that will help add to that intimate and cosy feeling.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
Explore Our Blogs
- Maximalist Décor: 5 Things You Need To Bring Maximalism Into Your HomeBold and bright colours, vivid patterns and ample accessories – more is more when it comes to maximalism. In the world of interiors, this trend is all about having fun and playing with those elements that make a space feel like home.Read more
- Neotenic Design: How To Bring This Interior Style Into Your HomeThe list of trends influencing the world of interiors this season is filled with unique styles. Here’s all you need to know about an unusual trend that’s sweeping homes across the globe.Read more
- Interior Trend: Organic ShapesFrom soft oversized curves that are perfect for curling up in, to sumptuous silhouettes that will bring a warm and inviting feel to your space, one of the biggest trends emerging in the world of interiors this season is ‘organic shapes’.Read more
- Hygge Interior Design: How To Style Your HomeIf you want to curate this look and feel in your interior, look no further than this mini guide, complete with furniture recommendations and top tips from Danetti Stylist, Emily.Read more
- Inspired by Hygge: How to Create a Hygee HomeWhat if there was a way to change our mindset and actually revel in this time of year and hunker down, batten down the hatches and, well, almost look forward to it? I know, it may sound crazy, but funnily enough, this Autumn, we’ve found the solution - it has arrived in the form of the much feted Danish word...Hygge!Read more